Friday, October 22, 2021

Gratitude #3


This little corner of the world has become a little dusty, hasn't it? Is blogging even relevant in a world that thrives on the successive dopamine bursts of platforms like TikTok? Surely not, but that's okay. 

This morning, I am grateful for so many things. Here are a few. 
  1. That I live in a place where I can ambulate to run errands, which is what I believe God intended when He gave us legs. I discovered a walking trail to the mall yesterday, and it made going to the mall (a place I have mixed feelings about) so much more palatable of an experience.
  2. That there has been so much personal growth - both seen and unseen by myself - over the past three years of living in San Diego. I met with a dear friend recently, who I had not seen since before the Covid-19 lockdown, and she reminded me of how much has changed since we had last caught up. There's a certain ease with self that simply was not well-developed when I first moved here. Perhaps it's the simple fact of time having passed, or perhaps it's a beneficial callousness built up after a year of constant evaluation and feedback during my hospital rotations. More likely, I now lack the resources of time and energy to put towards excessive thought about how people might perceive me. Whatever the cause may be, I feel so much more comfortable presenting myself as I am than I did before.
  3. I survived the final exam of my medical school career (provided I earned a passing Step 2 score, of course). 
  4. God has truly provided a community for me in San Diego. It's one of those things you don't really realize is happening, until suddenly you take pause and realize you have a community that feels just like home. Here's to hoping I might be able to stay and continue to exist in this warmth that is so uncommonly found in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment